LEADERSHIP COUNCIL for NONPROFITS
Leadership Council for Nonprofits maximizes the impact of nonprofit organizations, develops their leaders and strengthens the community. Leadership Council plays an integral role in supporting local nonprofit agencies to build capacity, connect, collaborate with and learn from each other in order to meet the needs of the community. Leadership Council has experienced significant growth in recent years to include nonprofits from all sectors - arts, education, health, community development, human services, environment and more.
Under the longtime leadership of our Executive Director Jenny Neyer Berg, we have grown from a small human services association of 85 agency members, providing a few services to help reduce members’ overhead, to a strong, large nonprofit network with over 260 members. Programs have expanded to include important nonprofit capacity development efforts such as board development and placement (BOLD), Leaders Circles, the Securing the Future conference, mentoring for ED/CEOs and the Leadership Challenge. We also offer important member benefits such as compensation and benefits surveys, a job board and no-cost retirement programs.
The success of Jenny’s focus on growth and improvement can be seen in two ways: the growth of Leadership Council for Nonprofits and the personal growth of its member organizations and their leaders. Jenny will be stepping down from her role in May 2022 after ten years at the helm of the organization.
Leadership Council for Nonprofits now seeks a new leader who can build on the organization’s transformative momentum to reach new heights. The next Executive Director will be:
- Responsible for overseeing and carrying out the Leadership Council for Nonprofits mission and strategic plan, advancing a vision for the future, and ensuring that the strategic plan is in focus and understood by stakeholders
- Intricately involved in all functional areas of the organization, including but not limited to fundraising, communications, program oversight, board governance, financial management and viability, organizational operations and human resources.
What’s in it for you?
- Make an impact on the lives of nonprofit leaders and the sector while driving systemic change
- Lead an engaged and talented staff and collaborate with a passionate and energized Board
- Take a well-regarded, financially stable organization to its next level of growth and impact
- Base salary of $84K -$96K depending on experience
- Flexible schedule in a hybrid work environment (home or office), healthy culture and variety
- Health insurance, generous Paid Time Off, 9 paid holidays, 403b retirement plan match
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume to Lesli Brower at email@example.com.
Jenny Neyer Berg - Executive Director
My passion is to help Non Profit agencies become better, stronger, more collaborative and more impactful. In my position as Executive Director of The Leadership Council for Nonprofits I have the opportunity to connect with leaders of many nonprofit agencies in our community and to find out what their needs are. I am always open to your suggestions, comments, connections and collaborations!
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to my Leadership Council position, I served as the President of the Board for Impact 100, a women’s grant making organization founded in Cincinnati in 2001 which has awarded over $5M back into our community through grants of at least $100,000. I returned as a Board Member in 2016 after serving on the board 2006-2012 (as President of the Board 2009-2011) and currently serve as a Focus Area Committee Chair. I also am the Governance Chair and Past Board Chair of the national board of Philanos, which is a network built to inspire women’s philanthropic leadership and to equip and strengthen collective giving organizations through education and collaboration that promotes informed, impactful grant making in communities.
I am also currently on the Advisory Board of Flywheel Cincinnati. Recently I have served as both Treasurer & Secretary for the board of Women Helping Women, Advisory Council for Xavier Universities MBA Private Interests & the Public Good Program, committee member of United Way Board Bank, past chair of the Pastoral Council Advisory Board of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, as board chair of Tender Mercies & Ursuline Academy, and I am an alumni of the Leadership Cincinnati Class #35. My husband Jim & I have 3 children, and 2 grandchildren, and we are lifelong Cincinnati residents.